Mother-Daughter Relationships: Taking Care of the Fragile Edges
Relationships are a challenge. From beginning to end, they require patience, love, passion, understanding, arguments and so much more. As women, the relationship that we share with our mother is both important and challenging. How interesting of a dynamic it is to be wholly dependent on one person (a mother and daughter in infancy) but then make it to teenage years and think mom is the worst person alive...but then venture back full-circle to wholly loving womanhood. It is fragile and it takes nurturing.
Join us at Chelsea's for our September Empowerment Event. On Tuesday, September 24th, we welcome Patricia LaVelle, Ed.S LPC-MH, LMFT, QMHP to the boutique to discuss the interesting dynamic between mother and daughter.
Patricia's topic(s) of conversation will include the following and our discussion is appropriate for mothers and their daughters over 12 years of age:
1) Why talk about them? Why it important to discuss the relationship?
2) The relationships strengths and vulnerabilities and how to learn and love both
3) Maximizing time within the relationship
4) Communicating deeply and sometimes uncomfortably
5) Painful aspects to mother/daughter duos
6) What are you willing to do differently to gain a better relationship?
Advanced tickets are $10 | $15 at the door
All ticket proceeds will go to our featured charity: The Compass Center
Purchase your tickets here